Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Gosh Dang


So I subscribe to Greg Boyd's and Rob Bell's podcast of their sermons each week. Mostly I like how subversive Greg is. Up to this point I listened to four of Rob Bell's and I thought they were average or so. Not bad or wrong, but not freakin sweet like Boyd...until just now.

I just listened to "Jesus Wants To Save Christians VI". One of the best tidbits was that he talked about the story of the Good Samaritan. He described how much Jews hated Samaritans to pretty great detail and then said that when the teacher of law asked Jesus who his neighbor was, Jesus telling this story was his way of saying, "Who do you hate?" That gave me some chills.

I was also seriously impressed with the ideas Rob expressed here, especially with how he talked about Jesus saving us from our hate, because he has been the victim of a decent amount of hate from ultra-conservative evangelicals. What a great message that we all need to here. Check it out on podcasts. It's free.

No comments: