Friday, March 9, 2007

Ugly Coffee


I like coffee. You might even say I love it--in a watered down American cultural sense of love. It hugs my tastebuds and puts a hop in my step.

What I don't like is nasty coffee. The kind that makes me wish I was drinking V-8. You know the kind I'm talking about. Coffee that sits in a plastic bin on the grocery store shelf, pre-ground, for a good two weeks before you buy it. The kind they serve up in Sunday School classes. You choke this coffee down because you want to be drinking coffee, but your tastebuds pay for hours with the fugly aftertaste.

I found another such coffee today. I know many will disdain me for saying this, but I think Panera's coffee is nasty/ugly/fugly. I have had two cups of it this morning. I didn't like it at first, but I thought my buds just had to adjust. Certainly Panera's coffee has to be good. But now, two hours later, the stench in my mouth has only grown worse.

And what stinks most is they have free internet so I like to be here!

No comments: